Film Studies


Every morning, before I begin working, I do a page of film studies. This way I make my way through an entire movie, one page at a time. Sof far I’ve sketched out Jaws, A very long Engagement and What Lies Beneath in their entirety. Right now I’m in the middle of Terminator 2

Doing film studies is the ideal warm-up, after a page of these sketches I’m all set to go. It is also the absolute best way to study the inner workings of film. It’s like taking a watch apart and closely studying the function of every moving part. Getting to the end of a film is extremely gratifying, looking at the hundreds of pages of studies, and realizing how much this film taught me. I love it. 

Browse through a selection of my T2 studies below by clicking the panels or using the arrow keys on your keyboard: